What has been going on at SANE this summer?
- SANE did programs in six Children’s Camps. Kent Ritchie, Keith Henley and Doug Henson spoke to children all across the state.
- SANE did 148 devotions during the 8 weeks of Falls Creek. Doug Henson, Keith Henley or Kent Ritchie spoke at lunch, dinner and late night cabin devotions.
- There were numerous salvation decisions following SANE devotions.
- SANE speakers did presentations in churches from 9 different states at Falls Creek.
- SANE participated in the pin trading at Falls Creek. This year the students and sponsors had to memorize Romans 12:1 or 2 and quote it to one of the SANE representatives in order to get a trading pin. Almost 500 people took the challenge and memorized the scripture.
- On several occasions this summer people shared with us how they had been helped by what had been said or by the scripture we had used.
- SANE speakers were invited to speak in public school classrooms this fall.
- Keith Henley taught drug abuse education at Falls Creek for his 36th year.
- Doug is serving his third year on the Executive Board of Directors of the American Council for Alcohol Problems.
- SANE will be hosting the American Council for Alcohol Problems annual meeting on September 15, 16, and 17.
SANE is searching for more associations, churches, and individuals to partner with us financially. We have the opportunity to do more than we have ever done in the public schools of Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. I have already scheduled over 3 weeks of classroom presentations this fall. This is a great opportunity to have a Christian influence in our public schools. Our only obstacle is a lack of funding. Pray what part God desires for you to have in this important ministry. We need for people to step up to the plate and say I will commit to giving SANE $25, $50, or more every month so they can do Drug and Alcohol Prevention Education in our schools, camps and churches. Your contributions are crucial to our success! Please give! Schedule me to come to your church and share about the SANE ministry.